** TONIGHT: Talent Extravaganza from our amazing Chrysalis students! 5:30 dinner thanks to the Parent Club. 6:30 Show. The show *may* be moved indoors in case of rain or wet grass, but just head over that direction and you will find us. **
- Fri May 12 k to Kinder College at Simpson, 9-noon
- Fri May 12th 5th Narnia
- Yesterday’s “Bake for Good”enrichment program was amazing! Every student grades 3-8 were given a bag of supplies sufficient to make 2 loaves of bread, one to keep and one to donate to the Good News Rescue Mission. We originally asked that loaves for donation be brought in tomorrow, Friday, May 12. It was brought to our attention that kids might not have enough time to bake tonight due to the Talent Show. No problem! Irene will still make a delivery to the Rescue Mission tomorrow but Laura has offered to make a delivery on Monday. So if bread baking isn’t happening until this weekend, don’t worry! Bring your donated loaves in Friday OR Monday and we’ll make sure they go to feed neighbors in need.
- Don’t be alarmed… This Friday, May 12th, a CHP helicopter will be landing on football field 8:30-8:45 as part of a Redding Christian Criminal Justice class. Some classes may be taking the time to come watch. While landing and takeoff, everyone must remain outside of field fence.
- A parking lot safety reminder —Please signal and look over your shoulder as you pull away from the curb after dropping off your students. Recently, there have been a few near misses as a parent pulls out while another is driving past. Also, be sure to pause as you approach the crosswalk. Let’s keep our drop off and pick up area accident free!!!
- Bike to school day was fabulous! The kids were so happy. Thank you so much to Jaime Finck and Jason Salter who really helped to make the day a success. And thanks to all the other parents who stepped up to chaperone, check bikes, and watch over the first recess. A message and sign up list was sent by Parent Square to all those signed up for the Burney Falls camping trip. If you did not see that message, please let the office know and we’ll get you on the list.
- Tuesday May 16, 2017, Miss Melissa's Theater class is hosting a bake sale! Muffins, danishes, and donuts will be sold in the morning from 7:30-8:30am. Brownies, cookies, and cookies (half cookie, half brownie) will be available during lunch from 12:15-12:45pm as well as 2:00-2:30pm after school. All proceeds will go toward the theater class costumes and props, so please send your kiddo to school with a dollar or two!
- May 17, 2017, a fundraising meeting for Splash into Science trip will take place at Good Times Pizza from 5:30 to 6:30. There is still time to register so if you are interested Brandi will be happy to meet with you afterwards to answer any questions you may have.
** We REALLY REALLY REALLY need each and every one of you to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE log your volunteer hours. So many of you have been instrumental in making staff appreciation week, talent show, bike day, and more a huge success. Thank you so much for your time, but please take just 2 more minutes to log those hours so Irene and Rachel (our fabulous volunteer coordinator) doesn’t need to hunt you down. **
- Lake Shasta Caverns Mother's Day Celebration. All Moms get in free! This Mother's Day, every single Mom is our very special guest and can tour the caverns for free, accompanied by a complimentary flower and free photo of her with her family. 20359 Shasta Caverns Road, Lakehead, CA. For more information call 1-800-795-2283.
Love and Logic www.loveandlogic.com
Do you know people who are trying to create a perfect environment for their children? Are they more concerned about getting the world to adjust to their kids than they are about helping their kids learn to cope with and deal with the world as it exists today?
In spite of the efforts of many to create a perfect country where no one will ever be offended, where bad decisions will have limited consequences, where good outcomes are guaranteed regardless of effort and sacrifice, and where kids never have less than the neighbors’ kids, our kids are still living in a world that requires effort and resilience.
Our love for our kids tempts us to do all we can to make their childhood better than ours. It tempts us to try to eliminate disappointment, struggle, and inconvenience from their lives.
Each day we need to remind ourselves: Whose needs are being met when we attempt to guarantee that our kids are never disappointed, never get less than an “A” grade, never have to struggle, never take risks, never fail, and never have less than the neighbor kid?
Is it my job to make the world adjust to my kids, or is my job to help my kids develop resilience so that they can fit into a world they’re going to face?
Trying to create perfect environments for our children is about as successful as creating perfect children. In my eyes, to think otherwise is a delusion.
It takes great courage to be a parent. Love and Logic’s all-time favorite audio is, Helicopters, Drill Sergeants and Consultants. Listening frequently will help you build that courage.
Thanks for reading! Our goal is to help as many families as possible. If this is a benefit, forward it to a friend.
- Thu, May 11, 1 pm Talent Show rehearsal for all performers
- Thu, May 11, 6pm - Talent Show
- Wed, May 17, 4-6 pm Board meeting
- Fri, May 19, MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release - for camping trip
- Fri, May 19 - Sun May 21, spring camping trip, Burney Falls
- Wed, May 24 - 6 pm Goodtimes Pizza, Science Cafe!
- Wed, May 25 - 2:45 pm in Ms. Crystal’s room. Parent Club meeting
- Mon, May 29 - NO SCHOOL, Memorial Day
- Tue, June 6 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release - Last Day of School!
- Tue, June 6 - 6 pm, Graduation!