** NO SCHOOL MONDAY -- May 22 is a camping trip recovery day. **
We’re going camping! School is out at 12:30 for all students. The bus will run on a minimum day schedule and Project SHARE is available for students who aren’t going camping.
- A HUGE thank you to Ms. Cheri and all our on-stage talent for such a stupendous talent show We were all blown away. And a special shout out to Mr. Relph for all hisound system work to ensure everyone sounded their best.
- Please join us for our first Science Cafe next week Wednesday, May 24th, 6pm at Good Times Pizza. If you’ve ever wondered about the clean-up work that is ongoing at nearby Iron Mountain Mine, two amazing speakers will tell their storiesabout working on that project. Brandi Greene is a chemist who led thecientific work on the water and soil sampling. Catherine Low is a structural engineer who helped redesign several key infrastructure pieces with the project. This is not a boring science lecture but engaging, dynamic stories of real world science taking place right here in Shasta County. (Note: Sorry if the first notice was confusing — the talks are FREE but pizza and beer are not. Food and drink is available to purchasefrom Good Times.)
- And thank you to all the students who baked bread this past week for donation to the Good News Rescue Mission. A total of 48 loaves were baked and delivered.
- If any parents are in need of meeting their volunteer hours and are available to help with cleaning and organizing Cheri’s class once school is out, please contact Miss Cheri @ cheri [at] chrysalischarter.org or stop by and see her before school is out.
- We’ve got several campus fix-up jobs that we need help with too! All may be done on a weekend or after school hours. Please see Irene if you might be able to assist with any of the following tasks:
- Paint the tetherball poles, basketball pole, and tetherball poles.
- Touch up the rubberized paint on the play structure.
- Help Dr. Irene paint a second crosswalk on the west side of the island and drop off zone.
- Re-mount the sign in front of the school.
Love and Logic www.loveandlogic.com
- Fri, May 19, MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release - for camping trip
- Fri, May 19 - Sun May 21, spring camping trip, Burney Falls
- Wed, May 24 - 6 pm Good Times Pizza, Science Cafe!
- Wed, May 25 - 2:45 pm in Ms. Crystal’s room. Parent Club meeting
- Mon, May 29 - NO SCHOOL, Memorial Day
- Tue, June 6 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release - Last Day of School!
- Tue, June 6 - 6 pm, Graduation!