Field Study (End of Year Celebrations)
- Fri June 2nd 5, 6, 7, 8 Brandy Creek using bus
- Mon, June 5th 2, 3, 4 Viking Skate (10-12) using bus
- Mon, June 5 K-1 end of the year party (at school)
- Introducing Amanda Young, our new 5th/6th grade Language Arts and History teacher! She wowed us all with her demo lesson and will be teaming up with Mr. Casey next year. She brings 9 years of teaching experience ranging from a middle school in Kansas to international schools in Germany. She brings an amazing passion for life, learning, and experiencing the world as a classroom. Welcome to the Chrysalis family Amanda!
- We’re still working on confirming our 4th grade teacher. Stay tuned.
- Tuesday, June 6th is our graduation & potluck. Since the weather forecast is saying the high will be 103 degrees that day, we will have the potluck (starting at 6pm) OUTDOORS but the graduation ceremony (starting at 7pm) INDOORS. All K-7 students will play a role in performing a song as a gift to our graduates. I sincerely hope that all of you can make it!
- Please get your enrollment paperwork turned in for your children by this Friday, June 2nd! We want to save a spot for your children but need your enrollment paperwork to do so.
- We want absolutely everyone to show up for the fall camping trip to Lassen National Park. Cabin reservations at just $10 per cot for the Lassen camping trip are starting to roll in — get yours soon before they’re all gone. Luckily, there should be plenty of room in the Lost Creek campground for those in tents or RVs — and camping there is absolutely FREE. Plus we are offering scholarships for meals and loaner tents, sleeping bags and sleeping pads to ensure everyone who wants to can come. Thank you Lassen Park Foundation for making this trip so affordable and accessible for all our families.
- Project SHARE registration for 2017-18 is open. Please pick up a form from Katherine at the front desk or from Danielle in Project SHARE.
- And did you know Project SHARE is getting a new room? The main Project SHARE room/ Maker Space will be moving to the foyer next to the Chrysalis Office. Please use the double doors entering the foyer, parents and students coming to and from Project SHARE will not be able to go through the office to enter.
** Remember, Dr. Irene really really needs each and every one of you to please log your volunteer hours by this Friday, June 2nd. Yes, it’s OK to estimate hours you plan to put in over the next few days and weeks. If you need help, just call the office or reach out to our volunteer coordinator, Rachel Forero at rachel.forero [at] gmail.com **
- We will be needing help with a bunch of summer projects — installing our swing set, moving wood chips, painting, cleaning, organizing… Look for a Parent Square sign up later this week.
Love and Logic www.loveandlogic.com
Have you ever heard a parent say something like, “I don’t feel comfortable searching my daughter’s room. I don’t want to invade her privacy.”? Perhaps you know a child who is severely bent out of shape because their “Neanderthal” parents won’t allow them to keep a computer in their bedroom. Where do I stand on this issue?
It’s our job to do our best to know what’s going on in our children’s lives.• It’s our job to know what’s in their rooms.• It’s our job to do our best to know what they are doing on their computers and their phones.• It’s our job to do our best to meet their friends and understand what they are involved in when they are hanging out.• When we do these things, we send the message that we love them enough to be involved in their lives.
Parents who do such things will likely hear, “You don’t trust me!” If so, respond with the following:
We love you. Do you think we do these things to be nosy and obnoxious… or do we do these things because we love you and want to help you stay safe?
This question is not designed to change their mind. It’s simply designed to plant a seed within it. When we consistently demonstrate love and concern… rather than a dictatorial attitude… this seed has a chance to grow. As a society, we’ve lost far too many good kids to drugs, alcohol, pornography, suicide, video game addiction, etc., because we’ve been afraid of invading privacy. In our Teen Package you’ll find a treasure chest of ideas for staying highly involved in your teen’s life… without creating massive power struggles and rebellion. Thanks for reading! Our goal is to help as many families as possible. If this is a benefit, forward it to a friend. Dr. Charles Fay
- Tue, June 6 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release - Last Day of School!
- Tue, June 6 - 6 pm, Graduation!
- Wed, June 7 - 4-6 pm, Board meeting
- Wed, Aug 16 - FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
- Sat - Mon, Aug 19-21 - solar eclipse camping trip
- Mon, Aug 21 - NO SCHOOL - total solar eclipse