** MINIMUM DAY, 12:30 pm release tomorrow, Friday, Sept 8 **
** Mount Lassen Camping trip, Friday, Sept 8 - Sunday, Sept 10 **
** NO SCHOOL, Monday, Sept 11 - camping trip recovery day **
We’re going camping! Join us tomorrow night for our biggest, most affordable camping trip ever. Don’t forget to bring your neon green park entrance pass, or you’ll have to pay $20 to get in. And if you can’t camp, just join us for the day on Saturday. Our morning meeting begins at 8:30 am on Saturday at Volcano Adventure Camp, just 5 miles from the park entrance. See you all there!
- Our book fair is open every day from 8-4pm through Sunday. Don’t miss out on all the amazing books, toys, and posters. All the proceed support the amazing Parent Club and our school. A huge shout out to Sabrina and all the other parents who put it together. Thank you!
- This Saturday and Sunday, the Honeybee festival will take place on our campus. There’s lots of activities, live entertainment, exhibits, arts and crafts, and of course, our book fair!
- The raft trip has been rescheduled for Thursday, Sept 21 (for K-3rd grades) and Friday, Sept 22 (for 4th-8th grades). Every family should have received a new form to fill out. If not, please see Ms. Katherine in the office. Forms are due next week, but the sooner the better!
- Don’t forget about the MINIMUM DAY, 12:30 pm release on Tuesday, Sept 12. It’s a teacher collaboration day so that your children’s teachers and have some time to prepare for another month of learning adventure.
- Electives start on September 19th and we LOVE when parents share their passions with our students. Anything goes — we’ve had classes on everything from animal behavior to soccer to Sign Language to robotics. Be creative. Electives take place from 1:00 to 2:00 pm on Tuesdays through winter break, except teacher collaboration days when school gets out at 12:30 pm.
Road Closure Old 44: There will be a temporary road closure on Old 44 Drive near Oak Run Road starting on September 11 and lasting 3-5 days (see the attachment below). Oak Run Rd. will not be affected. Please budget additional time for travel to bypass the closure. (attached is the announcement)
Shasta County Library: With school back in full swing, we thought we would remind youof all the FREE online resources we offer including homework help and tutoring,practice drivers permit tests, eBooks and audiobooks, and much more.
Just go to our eLibrary at www.shastalibraries.org/elibrary to access these from your home computer, smartphone, or a library computer with just your library card number. Also, check out the full month calendar of events on their main page.
- Fri, Sept 8 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release to go camping
- Fri, Sept 8-10 - Lassen Park fall camping trip
- Mon, Sept 11 - NO SCHOOL for camping trip recovery
- Tue, Sept 12 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release for teacher
- Tue, Sept 12 - 1pm Mandated reporter training, OR
you can take it online at your convenience
- Wed, Sept 13 - 4-6pm Board meeting
- Thu, Sept 21 - rescheduled K-3 raft trip
- Fri, Sept 22 - rescheduled 4-8 raft trip
- Mon, Oct 9 - Thu, Oct 12 - MINIMUM DAYS 12:30
release for parent conferences
- Fri, Oct 13 - NO SCHOOL for October recess
- Mon, Oct 16 - NO SCHOOL for October recess
- Wed, Oct 18 - 4-6pm Board meeting