** No school Friday! Happy Veteran’s Day. And thank you to all the veterans in the Chrysalis family for your brave, dedicated service to our country. **
- Thurs, Nov 9, morning - 2nd and 3rd to Kevin Sirtas concert at Cascade
- Today (Thursday), the North State Symphony will be sharing a preview and educational program about their upcoming world premiere on Sunday! Scott Seaton (music director), Chloe Trevor (guest violinist), and Dan Pinkston (composer) will all be present. We are so so excited to welcome them to our campus. North State Symphony is offering our families $5 tickets for students and half-off tickets for adults to the full concert on November 12th. Use the coupon codes NSSFIVE for students and HALFOFF for families when ordering. The concert poster is attached here for more information.
- We are still accepting applications for a new PE teacher. If you know of a great potential candidate (or are interested in applying yourself), please get the applications into the office by Monday, November 13th.
- Next week Thursday is family STEM night!!! Please join us in celebrating science, technology, engineering and mathematics in the classroom. There will be exciting, hands-on STEM activities designed for the whole family. The Shasta Astronomers Club will have telescopes set up to look at the stars. Dinner is available from 5:15-6:00 pm for $5 (pizza, drink, fruit and a cookie) but you must RSVP in advance for a meal. The STEM activities are FREE and will be open from 6:00-7:30pm. Hope that everyone can make it.
- In case you missed it last week… Did you know that you can choose to have Amazon.com donate a portion of your purchase back to Chrysalis? AmazonSmile makes it easy to shop and support at the same time. Just set Chrysalis Charter School as the organization you wish to support and Amazon will donate 0.5% of their profit to the school. There is no extra cost to you or change in item price. Now, half a percent may not sound like much at first, but it adds up…particularly around the holidays when many people do their gift shopping online. Follow the instructions below to set it up and thank you for supporting Chrysalis! For more information about the AmazonSmile program, go to http://smile.amazon.com/about.
- Sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser.
- Go to ‘Your Account’ from the navigation at the top of any page, and then select the option to ‘Change your Charity’. Or, from your mobile browser, select ‘Change your Charity’ from the options at the bottom of the page.
- Search for ‘Chrysalis Charter School’ and select as the organization you support.
- When you log in to start shopping, it should say, “You are supporting Chrysalis Charter School” at the top of the page.
- Dr. Irene is still looking for someone to make a hazardous waste run to the dump to take a bunch of burnt out light bulbs, batteries and paint to be disposed. It should fit in a normal car (truck not needed). Can anyone help? Please contact her.
- Miss Cheri and Miss Crystal are looking for donations of gently used or new items to sell in their class store. Often the students enjoy using their class money to buy gifts for their family members for the holidays. Examples are candles, jewelry, toys, picture frames, dollar tree items, target dollar bin items, ect. Donations can be delivered to Miss Cheri or Miss Crystal’s Room. Cut off date will Dec.12th. Donations will count toward parent volunteer hours.
- Miss Crystal is looking for donations of bottle caps to be used at our STEM night. Any color, any sizes, plastic or metal will work.
- Miss Crystal is accepting donations of gently used (still working and no cracked screen) iPhones that we can use for cameras during field study and for our reading fluency programs. Donations will count towards parent volunteer hours.
-It's open enrollment time for Covered California. November 1 through January 31. See attached flyers and link for more information. http://www.allinforhealth.org/school_toolkit
-If you are planning on joining the ski club this winter (it's not official if the ski club is happening yet) and don't want to rent equipment you may want to check out Redding Sports LTD's 20th Annual Board & Ski Swap on Saturday, November 18, and Sunday, November 19, 2017. The event will be located in the parking lot and sale items will be new and used ski and snowboard equipment. Bring items to sell on Friday November 17 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thu, Nov 9 - 1pm North State Symphony visit
- Fri, Nov 10, NO SCHOOL for Veteran’s Day
- Thu, Nov 16, Family STEM night
- Mon, Nov 20- Fri, Nov 24, NO SCHOOL, Thanksgiving holiday!
- Wed, Nov 29, 2:45-4:00 pm, Parent Club meeting
- Tues, Dec 12, MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release for teacher collaboration
- Thu, Dec 14, 6-8 pm, Holiday Program
- Thu, Dec 21 - Mon, Jan 8 - NO SCHOOL, Winter break!