We are proudly a rain or shine kind of school so be sure to send your kids with rain boots and rain jackets this Friday. Sweatshirts are NOT appropriate rain wear. (Of course, if it's pouring and kids will be miserable we will make alternate plans but a drizzle won't stop Chrysalis from having field study.)
- Friday - AM Kinder to Clear Creek
- Friday - PM 1st & 4th to Turtle Bay Arboretum
- Friday - 2nd & 3rd and 5th & 6th to Palo Cedro Park
- Friday - 7th & 8th to Narnia
- Parent pick up -- We will be changing some parent pick up protocols this week because kids have been playing tag under the redwoods and getting too close to the cars or the bus pick up. Also, it's been hard for staff to keep track of which kids have been paired up with someone from the authorized pick up list and which have not. Thus, teachers will be walking kids out quietly and teaching them to sit or stand calmly under the eaves. When they transfer to your care, please keep them close and remind them to use "walking feet" (no tag, running, jumping over the hedges, etc.) and "inside voices". We welcome you to socialize after school with other parents, but please move away from the pick up area at the corner of the office building and head just down the sidewalk towards the fire hydrant or across to the island (there's even a hidden bench in there). If your kids' friends who have not yet been picked up try to follow, please help the staff by directing them back to the pick up area. Thanks for helping us keep kids safe!
- Rootbeer float fundraiser - A group of 5th grade boys have taken the initiative to put together a fundraiser to raise money for the school and for families impacted by the Carr Fire. They will be selling rootbeer floats for $1.75 at recess and lunch next week Wednesday. We love encouraging students in these community service and entrepreneurial efforts. What a great way to learn about planning, accounting, service, and making a difference. One of our key educational philosophies is "Global Awareness and Citizenship". To us, that means we want students to leave Chrysalis prepared to make a positive contribution to the world and be able to fully participate as a citizen in our society. Our rules for fundraisers are that all the money (minus expenses should go to a good cause), it's limited in time and scope (no fundraisers that last for days on end), it is open to all students (nobody feels left out), and that it's well planned. If your child has an idea, Dr. Irene would LOVE to help support him or her.
- Girls Basketball - Girls basketball season is about to begin. If your daughter is interested, the first girls basketball meeting will be Friday October 12, right after release (about 3:20pm) in Mr Nick’s room. Girls basketball is open 4th grade thru 8th grade, and girl home schoolers 4th-8th are welcome.
- Parent Conferences - Question: What can I expect at parent conferences? Answer: The goal is a rich, interactive conversation reviewing academic, social, and behavioral data about your child so that we can work together to keep their light shining. We do not teach to any test here at Chrysalis — we teach for understanding. You won't see a report card with a letter grade in each subject. Instead, you'll see your child's data on a variety of measures -- iReady, reading fluency, recent tests, attendance, self-assessments, etc. -- and have a chance to make sense of that data with your child's teacher. Then we want YOU to bring your perspective and "data" from home. For example, if your child does not come home excited about learning, or she doesn’t want to come to school, or feels like he has no friends, we want to know. Bring your questions. Bring your concerns. Help us build a complete picture of your child.
- Chrysalis is looking for a newsletter editor! This is a fabulous, guaranteed 40 hours for the school year position, perfect for the working family since everything is handled through e-mail and online. Your responsibility is to compile newsletter items from Dr. Irene, Parent Club, Project SHARE, teachers, Love and Logic, and community events and send it out each Thursday. If you have creative ideas for how to make the newsletter more appealing, we would LOVE your input. Please reach out to Dr. Irene if you are interested or have questions or ideas.
- Ms. Katherine is looking for Picture Day Helpers on Tuesday October 9th and Wednesday October 10th starting at 8:30 am. You will be finished at approximately 11:30 am. You will be assisting our photographer by escorting students from classes to picture area or making notes to assist in identifying students(ie: color of clothing, hair etc.) Please talk to Ms. Katherine in the front office.
- Tue, Oct 9 and Wed, Oct 10 - Picture Day!
- Wed, Oct 10 - 4-6 pm Board meeting
- Thurs, Oct 11- 4-8 cross country finals at Shasta College 4pm
- Fri, Oct 12- k-3 cross country finals at Grand Oaks, 4pm
- Fri, Oct 12, 3:15 pm girls basketball info meeting
- Mon, Oct 15 to Thu, Oct 18 -- MINIMUM DAY, 12:30 release -- Parent conferences
- Tue, Oct 16 - volleyball tournament
- Fri, Oct 19 - NO SCHOOL - October Recess
- Mon, Oct 22 - NO SCHOOL - October Recess
- Thu, Oct 25, 6 pm STEM night
- Tue, Oct 30 - MINIMUM DAY, 12:30 release -- teacher collaboration
- Wed, Oct 31 - Fall festival!
- Fri, Nov 9 - Parent Club movie night in the gym
- Wed, Nov 14 - 4-6 pm Board meeting