** Minimum Days with 12:30 release all next week October 15-18 for Parent Conferences! **
** Friday, Oct 19 and Monday, Oct 22 are SCHOOL HOLIDAYS! Enjoy the long weekend. **
Friday Field Study
- Thursday — 2nd and 3rd grade to Coleman Fish Hatchery
- Friday morning — 1st and 4th grade to Clover Creek
- Friday morning - 2nd and 3rd grade to Cascade Theater
- Friday afternoon - 5th and 6th grade to Clikapudi Trail
- Picture Day — How wonderful to see all your children’s beautiful faces for picture day! If your child was absent or we didn’t get a great photo, make up pictures will be scheduled in the next month or so. We will reach out to you individually if that is the case.
- Fall Festival costumes - It’s getting close to Fall Festival and lots of kids are dusting off their costumes for October 31st. Our festival includes games, activities and a costume parade (thanks Parent Club!)! We’d like to remind everyone that we LOVE costumes to be worn to school on October 31st, but please keep them rated G or PG and conforming to the school dress code. That means, no scary masks, blood, or gore to keep our kindergarteners from getting frightened. No bare midriffs, see-through tops, or spaghetti straps (straps should be at least 1 inch wide). Shorts and dresses must be longer than where the fingertips touch the thigh. We do not allow fake guns/blasters of any kind, and other pretend weapons are strongly discouraged. However, if your child’s costume is just not complete without a lightsaber or plastic pirate sword, please have a grown-up walk the item to your child’s teacher on the morning of October 31st and, upon teacher discretion, the item may be carried for the costume parade and returned to your child’s teacher immediately after the parade.
- Parent Conferences — We are excited to see each family here next week for parent conferences! Conferences with Ms. Corinne, Mr. Casey, and Ms. Amanda will take place in the office. All other teachers will be meeting families in their classrooms.
- Feed the Teachers — “the way to a teacher’s heart is through their stomach!” We are looking for a volunteer to bring a snack to the teachers each Tuesday (that’s not a 12:30 minimum day) to keep them energized for their staff meeting. It’s a job great for the working family and guarantees 40 hours for the school year!
- UPREP would like to invite you to our first annual November Stampede. We will be hosting a 5k, One Mile Fun Run/Walk, and One Mile Race for all ages. This is a fundraiser being put on by UPREP Athletic Boosters and UPREP Cross Country. See attached flyer for more information.
- Fri, Oct 12, 3:15 pm girls basketball info meeting
- Mon, Oct 15 to Thu, Oct 18 -- MINIMUM DAY, 12:30 release -- Parent conferences
- Tue, Oct 16 - volleyball tournament
- Fri, Oct 19 - NO SCHOOL - October Recess
- Mon, Oct 22 - NO SCHOOL - October Recess
- Thu, Oct 25, 6 pm STEM night
- Fri, Oct 26, 7 pm Middle School Dance in the gym!
- Tue, Oct 30 - MINIMUM DAY, 12:30 release -- teacher collaboration
- Wed, Oct 31 - Fall festival!
- Fri, Nov 9 - Parent Club movie night in the gym
- Wed, Nov 14 - 4-6 pm Board meeting
- Mon, Nov 19 - Fri Nov 23 - NO SCHOOL, Thanksgiving break