Thursday, October 18, 2018
** NO SCHOOL Friday, Oct. 16 or Monday, Oct 19. Enjoy your long weekend! **
- None this week — with short days, parent conferences, and a short week, we’re focusing on other academics instead.
- The 2nd grade class released their first monarch butterflies on Wednesday accompanied by a parade of kids wearing monarch wings. Thank you Ms. Cheri for filling the school with this beautiful, science-filled Chrysalis tradition
- STEM night — Come one come all to our annual STEM night taking place Thursday, Oct 25. The gym will be filled with hands-on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math activities designed to engage every member of the family! Dinner is from 5:30-6:30 with pizza, fruit, cookie, and drink for $5 (This is a pre-order meal, so please make sure to RSVP through Parent Square). Activity tables will be open from 6:00-8:00. Don’t miss it!
- Middle school dance — All 6th-8th graders (yes, homeschoolers that includes you!) are invited to come to the middle school Halloween costume dance on Friday, Oct 26, from 7-9:30 pm in the gym. If you have decorations that the 8th graders can use to create a spooky, fun atmosphere, please bring them to the school by Wednesday.
- Fundraisers — The milkshakes and rooter floats fundraiser organized by a team of 5th grade boys was a huge success. They raised $190! Wow. They have donated $80 towards student “scholarships” for sports, field trips, camping trips and other school activities. AND the remaining $110 was the very first donation to the new gift card drive to benefit families at our sister school, Shasta Union Elementary, who were impacted by the Carr Fire. The gift cards are being collected in the front office and are intended to help Shasta Union families maintain holiday traditions. That was the number one need identified by their school principal as we approach the holiday season. Thank you 5th graders for your leadership and setting such a positive example to all of us.
- Parent Club is meeting on Wednesday, Oct 24 at 3 pm. Please stop by to help choose the new officers and plan for the Fall Festival and other fabulous school events with an amazing team of fellow parents.
- Volunteers needed for the City of Redding ReOak Redding project, cleaning and sorting acorns, dipping in solution, rinsing, drying out. This is done in bulk, we just throw away the floaters and dry the rest in the open air. We can use your help on Thursday October 18 at 2 pm and Sunday October 21 at 2 pm. If you have a few hours, contact David Ledger at 355-8542 dledger [at] sbcglobal.net.
- Return of the Salmon Festival: This Saturday, October 20, volunteers needed for 1 to 4 hours to help with the booth at the Festival. Contact David Ledger at //dledger [at] sbcglobal.net./">dledger [at] sbcglobal.net.
- Fri, Oct 19 - NO SCHOOL - October Recess
- Mon, Oct 22 - NO SCHOOL - October Recess
- Wed, Oct 24, 3 pm Parent Club meeting
- Thu, Oct 25, 5:30 pm dinner, 6 pm STEM night
- Fri, Oct 26, 7 pm middle school dance
- Tue, Oct 30 - MINIMUM DAY, 12:30 release -- teacher collaboration
- Wed, Oct 31 - Fall festival!
- Fri, Nov 9 - Parent Club movie night in the gym
- Wed, Nov 14 - 4-6 pm Board meeting
- Mon, Nov 19 - Fri Nov 23 - NO SCHOOL, Thanksgiving break