** Come one, come all to STEM night! Tonight in the Gym. 5:30 dinner (if you RSVP’d). 6:00 fun hands-on science, technology, engineering and math activities for all ages.**
Friday Field Study
- 2nd - 4th went to the pumpkin patch on Wednesday this week!
- All other grades will be either on campus or will not have field study this week due to the short week.
- It was so wonderful to see you on campus last week for Parent Conferences. Partnership with each of you is essential to our success with your children. Keep up the communication and let us know how things are going at home — both the successes and the challenges.
- Please join Parent Club next week Wednesday on Oct. 31st for the Fall Festival! It’s a fun day for the whole family. There’ll be a costume parade followed by carnival games. Come in costume, though make sure that all costumes conform to dress code and are G or PG rated. No fake guns/blasters. Other pretend weapons are discouraged but may be worn for the costume parade ONLY if a grown-up walks the item to your child’s teacher on the morning of October 31st.
- The middle school Halloween dance promises to be a spooky fun hit! The dance is this Friday, Oct 26th from 7- 9:30 pm in the gym. While costumes still must conform to dress code and no fake guns/blasters allowed, there aren’t little kids around. Thus zombies, skeletons, vampires, scary masks, and even Freddy Fazbears are welcome to the dance. Past Chrysalis students in grades 6-8 are welcome as a guest of a current student as long as they conform to the rules of the school and the dance. If a guest acts up, then both the guest and his/her host will be asked to leave. Thanks to all those who are helping to organize, set up, chaperone, and clean up — particularly the 8th grade students for taking the lead.
- Don’t forget, next week Tuesday is a 12:30 release Minimum Day so that teachers may collaborate.
- Seeking elective teachers! This is a great chance to share your passion with a group of 4-12 kids. Parents have led all sorts of great electives in the past from cartooning to gardening to Spanish. The new series will start December 4th and go through March 5th. Please talk to Casey via casey [at] chryaslischarter.org if you might be interested.
- All hands on deck for the Fall Festival! There’s lots of opportunities to help out — see the sign up list on Parent Square for openings.
- Parent Club is looking for a treasurer for NEXT school year. This year, you get to learn the ropes from a true professional - Trisha Funk. Don’t miss this great opportunity.
- You're invited to join the MLK Center on October 27, 2018 from 5:00-9:00pm to visit the halls of Hogwarts where you will join Professor Snape for a Potions class, and Professor Sprout for Herbology, but stay clear of Hagrid's arachnids. Take a trip to Ollivander's wand shop and sneak a peek inside Gringott's before the goblins see you. When you've completed the carnival games at Hogwarts return to the Muggle World to play traditional carnival games, and show off your costume during our costume parade. $5 per person and $20 for a family of 5. Kids 3 and under are free. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hogwarts-extravaganza-a-harry-potter-themed-carnival-tickets-49672669291
- Shasta County Office of Education is offering free Trauma Training opportunities on Friday, November 16th from 8:30 to 3:00. Participants will be introduced to the research behind childhood trauma and the effect it has on the developing brain. Trauma and toxic stress directly impact a child's ability to self-regulate and to process academic information. New strategies and techniques will be shared for school site, classroom implementation and resilience building in our community. Register here: TIP E & C 11/16/18
- Thu, Oct 25, 6 pm STEM night
- Fri, Oct 26, Hearing and Vision Screening
- Tue, Oct 30 - MINIMUM DAY, 12:30 release -- teacher collaboration
- Wed, Oct 31 - Fall festival!
- Thu, Nov 1 - Make up Picture Day
- Thu, Nov 1, 3:30 pm Development Committee meeting
- Fri, Nov 9 - Parent Club movie night in the gym
- Mon, Nov 12 -- NO SCHOOL, Veteran’s Day holiday
- Wed, Nov 14 - 4-6 pm Board meeting
- Mon, Nov 19 - Fri Nov 23 - NO SCHOOL, Thanksgiving break
- Wed, Nov 28, 3 pm Parent Club meeting
- Tue, Dec 11 -- MINIMUM DAY, 12:30 release -- teacher collaboration
- Tue, Dec 11, 6:00 pm Winter Program dinner and show!
- Wed, Dec 12 - 4-6 pm Board meeting
- Fri, Dec 21 - Mon, Jan 7 -- NO SCHOOL, Winter break
- Tue, Jan 8 -- School back in session