** Happy Veteran’s Day! NO SCHOOL on Monday, November 12, 2018. Thank you to all the service men and women who have dedicated themselves to defending our country. **
Thur, Nov 8 - 4th grade to Clear Creek Gorge
Fri, Nov 9 - 5th and 6th grade to Mount Lassen all day
All others on campus or to Palo Cedro Park
- Tomorrow night is Movie Night in the gym! FREE showing of “The Greatest Showman”! FREE popcorn! FREE raffle! Additional concessions available for purchase. Hope to see you there.
- We’ve been struggling with students sharing candy and other food on the playground which is a serious safety issue. Several of our students have nut allergies. THUS… please do NOT send candy in school lunches. Sorry for the change in rules. We had hoped minimizing candy would be enough to keep things safe and manageable, but at this point, we’re going to need to keep candy at home.
- We’ve been conducting safety drills at school —bus evacuations took place this week, and a lockdown drill is planned for next week. In our lockdown drills, students In the event of a real emergency, communication will be sent to families via Parent Square about current conditions. Once the emergency passes, then the Administrator will tell families whether classes will resume as usual until the regularly scheduled end of the school day (with normal after school care, pick up routines, and bus schedules) OR whether students will be released in some other manner. So, please make sure that all the adults in your child’s inner circle are authorized to access school information on Parent Square — please give us their e-mail or phone number via e-mail or talk to anyone in the front office.
- Question: If I’m going to chaperone a special field trip like the pumpkin patch, Mount Lassen, or the Nutcracker, may I bring school aged siblings so that we can make it a family affair? Answer: Please don’t. Attendance matters. The field trips we plan are really fun and exciting, but students that aren’t part of the class need to be in their own classes learning as much as possible. The engaging, hands-on, minds-on work students do in class leads to learning with a depth of understanding that is impossible to fully catch up on at home. So unless there’s truly no other option, please don’t pull one child from class so that they can join a sibling’s field trip. Thanks!
- We are still looking for volunteers to lead electives on Tuesdays 1-2 pm and/or supervise the Maker Space at lunch time.
- Fri, Nov 9 — Movie night in the gym
- Mon, Nov 12 -- NO SCHOOL, Veterans’ Day holiday
- Wed, Nov 14 - 4-6 pm Board meeting
- Mon, Nov 19 - Fri Nov 23 - NO SCHOOL, Thanksgiving break
- Wed, Nov 28, 3 pm Parent Club meeting
- Tue, Dec 11 -- MINIMUM DAY, 12:30 release -- teacher collaboration
- Tue, Dec 11, 6:00 pm Winter Program dinner and show!
- Wed, Dec 12 - 4-6 pm Board Meeting
- Thurs, Dec. 20 - NO PROJECT SHARE, Staff Development Meeting
- Fri, Dec 21 - Mon, Jan 7 -- NO SCHOOL, Winter break
- Tue, Jan 8 -- School back in session!