Thursday, February 28, 2019
Kinder and first to Clover Creek
Everyone else on campus or walking
- Have you completed the family survey yet? We will be reviewing your feedback with teachers, Site Council and the Executive Board in the next 2 weeks and want your ideas represented! Please go to: https://goo.gl/forms/1MkD9QY9M08Z1FY02 TODAY to fill it out. It’s only 9 questions but makes a big difference.
- Snow day make up days have been announced! The new days are: Fri March 15 (a full, regular school day), Mon May 6 (minimum day with 12:30 dismissal), and Thu June 6 (minimum day and the NEW last official day of school).
- Check your child’s backpack for the sign up form for the school camping trip on the Redwood coast at the Elk Country RV Resort and Lodge in Orick, CA. We are so excited to be taking students and their families hiking, kayaking, beaching, and even horseback riding! You don’t want to miss it. Financial assistance and loaner gear is available. Contact Dr. Irene with any questions.
- Please join Dr. Irene on Tuesday, March 19th anytime between 7:30-8:30 am. It’s that time of year when the school is crafting our governing documents for next school year — the LCAP (which describes our plan for spending state funding) & the SPSA (which describes our plan for spending federal funding). We want your input on these critical governing documents! And we’ll be discussing and answering questions about other school governing documents as well like the School Safety Plan and our school’s long term goals. Drop in and partake of coffee and donuts. Bring your questions, comments, ideas and concerns.
- How close are you to logging 40 hours of service for your family this school year? We would LOVE your assistance to help make the school a better place. Don’t know where to begin? Check the volunteer opportunities below OR ask anyone in the front office OR your child’s teacher! It takes a village and that village includes YOU!
- Have you ever had someone try to apologize to you and it comes off all wrong? Maybe it's insincere. Or maybe they say sorry but then start defending their actions. Or maybe they don’t even seem to know what they are apologizing for. At Chrysalis, we teach the kids how to say “I’m sorry” and really mean it. A complete apology in our eyes consists of 3 parts: (1) I’m sorry for… (2) I was wrong because… and (3) How can I fix it? In this way, the person acknowledges what they did and why it was wrong and offers to fix their mistake. To accept an apology, we ask students to say: (1) Thanks for your apology. (2) I felt… when you… (3) You can fix it by… In this way, when conflict, problems, or mistakes happen, students are empowered to take responsibility in solving problems and making things right. If you want to use this strategy in your own home, there’s a flyer attached here that you can print and post on the fridge.
- Our winter set of electives is wrapping up next week which means we are looking for enthusiastic parents to share your passions with students. Do you love crochet? capture the flag? hula hoop tricks? French language and culture? card games? poetry? collage? cooking? Please consider taking a group of 3-8 students under your wing and sharing your love with them. Please reach our to Mr. Casey at casey [at] chrysalischarter.org with your questions and ideas.
- Mrs Crystal is looking for donations of books by the famous author Dav Pilkey. If you have any gently used Captain Underpants, Dogman, or Dragon Gets By books that you would like to donate please send them to Mrs. Crystal’s class.
- Thu, Feb 28 - 3 pm Parent Club meeting
- Wed, Mar 6 - 3:30 pm Site Council meeting
- Tue, Mar 12 - MINIMUM DAY, 12:30 release -- teacher collaboration
- Wed, Mar 13 - 4-6 pm Board meeting
- Thu, Mar 28 - 3 pm Parent Club meeting
- Tue, Apr 2 - MINIMUM DAY, 12:30 release -- teacher collaboration
- Mon, April 8 - 3:30 pm Site Council meeting
- Wed, Apr 10 - 4:00 pm Board meeting
- Mon Apr 15 - Fri Apr 19 - NO SCHOOL, Spring Break