** Don’t forget that next week Tuesday, March 12, is a minimum day with 12:30 release so that teachers can collaborate. Thanks for your support in giving teachers some much needed planning time so they can better support your child! **
- All on campus or walking. The weather is pretty wet and cold so we’ll look for breaks in the rain to head outdoors if we can.
- We are so proud of our Odyssey of the Mind team! They placed first in the regional competition and will be heading to the state level at the end of the month!
- Question: Why do so many of the Chrysalis teachers greet kids at the door with a handshake, fist bump or bow? Answer: Because when students feel welcomed and connected to the teacher and classroom, they are more willing to put effort into their work and avoid misbehavior. Research showed that "when teachers started class by welcoming students at the door, academic engagement increased by 20 percentage points and disruptive behavior decreased by 9 percentage points—potentially adding 'an additional hour of engagement over the course of a five-hour instructional day,' according to the researchers.” That’s a huge effect. Thus, many of the teachers at Chrysalis have adopted the practice. https://www.edutopia.org/article/welcoming-students-smile
- Coffee and donuts with Dr. Irene takes place Tuesday, March 19th! Drop by anytime between 7:30 to 8:30 am. Are you curious about how the school spends its state and federal money? Would you like to offer input on school policies like safety drills or behavior expectations? Do you have questions about the proposed laws affecting charter schools? What extracurriculars would you like to see grow at Chrysalis? Please bring your questions and ideas OR if you can’t make it, call the school office and set up a one-on-one meeting.
- The 2019 Chrysalis Talent Show is coming soon! If your child is interested in performing, please return the sign-up form to Miss Cheri no later than Monday, March 25th. Talent Show will be on Wednesday, May 15th!
- Spirit Week is coming March 18-22! Thanks to the organizational prowess of our student council, we’ll be having a spirit week March 18-22.
- Monday = Twin Day (Dress like a friend)
- Tuesday = House pride day (Wear your house colors OR if you aren’t in a house yet, pick your favorite from green, blue, purple or red!)
- Wednesday = Disney day (Dress like your favorite Disney character)
- Thursday = Rainbow day (Dress in the colors of the rainbow)
- Friday = Pajama day (Wear your favorite school appropriate pajamas)
- We are still looking for anyone who might want to offer an elective class for our students this last elective series. In particular, we are low on choices for our 1st-3rd grade students. Lego engineering perhaps? Beading? Creek explorations? Kickball? Please bring your passion and creative energy to the students.
- Tue, Mar 12 - MINIMUM DAY, 12:30 release -- teacher collaboration
- Wed, Mar 13 - 4-6 pm Board meeting
- Mar 18-22 - Spirit Week!
- Tue, Mar 19 - 7:30-8:30 Coffee and Donuts with Dr. Irene (drop in anytime!)
- Mon, Mar 25 - Talent Show forms due to Miss Cheri
- Thu, Mar 28 - 3 pm Parent Club meeting
- Tue, Apr 2 - MINIMUM DAY, 12:30 release -- teacher collaboration
- Fri, Apr 5 - 2 pm Enrollment lottery!
- Mon, April 8 - 3:30 pm Site Council meeting
- Wed, Apr 10 - 4:00 pm Board meeting
- Mon Apr 15 - Fri Apr 19 - NO SCHOOL, Spring Break
- Thu, Apr 25 - 3 pm Parent Club meeting
- Thu, Apr 25 - 11 am Awa-Odori dancers
- Fri, May 3 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release -- camping trip
- May 3-5 - Camping trip on the Redwood coast!
- Mon, May 6 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release
- May 7-10 - Teacher appreciation week
- Wed, May 8 - 4:00 pm Board meeting
- Tue, May 14 - MINIMUM DAY, 12:30 release -- teacher collaboration
- Wed, May 15 - Talent Show
- Thu, May 23 - 3 pm Parent Club meeting
- Wed, June 5 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release
- Thu, June 6 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release