Thursday, April 4, 2019
* Thursday, April 4 - grades 2-4 to see Shrek
* Friday, April 4 - grades K-1 to see Shrek
- Congratulations to the Odyssey of the Mind team for their wonderful showing at the State Championships!
- Congratulations to the Co-ed Basketball team for placing 3rd in their league!
- The amazing Ms. Corinne just won a STEAM grant from First Five Shasta to fund a series of fairy tale themed STEAM boxes for use in class and for family check out. Each box will include a bilingual fairy tale and a STEM activity that the whole family can participate in! Thank you First 5 Shasta!
- Please get those camping trip forms in ASAP! We need to confirm numbers for kayaking, horseback riding and Humboldt State tours next week!
- Keep an eye out for yearbook order forms! The price this year will be $20. Please return the order forms no later than Thursday, April 25th. If you have any pictures of school events, field trips, etc. Please send them in for the year book! You can e-mail them to Karen at karen.s [at] chrysalischarter.org or upload them directly here: https://commpe.pictavo.com by April 11th! if you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail or call Karen at 530-547-9726. Thank you!
- Talent show news and deadlines:
- CDs for Talent Show performances are due by Monday, April 22
- Try outs for homeroom class and teachers will be held April 22-26
- Homeschool students, contact your teacher to try out by Tuesday, April 23rd
- Talent show meeting at lunch in Ms. Cheri's room Tuesday, April 9th- all entrants please attend
- Homeschool students, be in contact with your teacher and pay attention to deadlines
- Do you know about 2-1-1 Shasta? It’s a collaborative effort by all our local community service groups to connects people with the help they need. It’s the alternative to calling 9-1-1 when it’s not a life-threatening emergency, but you or someone you know needs help. It’s great for questions like: My car is broken and I need to get to an appointment... what are my choices? What options are there for child care or elder care on short notice? Where can I find a tutor? How can I refer someone to mental health? To use 2-1-1, text your zip code to 898211 OR call 2-1-1 to connect with an actual human any time, day or night OR go to http://211norcal.org/shasta/
- Fri, Apr 5 - 2 pm Enrollment lottery!
- Mon, April 8 - 3:30 pm Site Council meeting
- Wed, Apr 10 - 4:00 pm Board meeting
- Mon Apr 15 - Fri Apr 19 - NO SCHOOL, Spring Break
- Thu, Apr 25 - 3 pm Parent Club meeting
- Mon April 29-Fri May 10 - State testing
- Fri, May 3 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release -- camping trip
- May 3-5 - Camping trip on the Redwood coast!
- Mon, May 6 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release
- May 7-10 - Teacher appreciation week
- Wed, May 8 - 4:00 pm Board meeting
- Tue, May 14 - MINIMUM DAY, 12:30 release -- teacher collaboration
- Wed, May 15 - Talent Show
- Thu, May 23 - 3 pm Parent Club meeting
- Wed, June 5 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release
- Thu, June 6 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release
- Thu, June 6 - 6 pm Graduation