** NO SCHOOL NEXT WEEK - Happy spring break! We look forward to welcoming students back to campus on Monday, April 22! **
- Thurs - 7th and 8th grade staying found all day
- Fri - 2nd - 4th to Clover Creek
- Pizza and Game night - Please join us tomorrow night at Good Times Pizza and Things on Old 44 Dr. for Pizza and Game Night! It’s a really fun evening that raises money for the Parent Club. Bring your board games, pick up some dinner, and let’s play!
- Please please please please log your volunteer hours — Each Chrysalis family is expected to provide 40 hours of service to the school throughout the year as their contribution to the community. We will be sending reminder letters to all families under the 40 hour goal after spring break. So, please log your volunteer hours ASAP so we don’t have to bug you. Hours are logged on the front office sign in sheet OR through Parent Square: www.parentsquare.com Once you log in, scroll to the bottom of the left hand menu where you’ll see a “Volunteer Hours” button. Click it and enter the info. That’s it! Thank you to all the families who have already met their goal!
- Dress code - As the sun comes out this spring, please help your students find dress-code-appropriate clothing to wear each day. Flip-flops, high heels, and bedroom slippers should not be worn. Sandals should have a strap across the heel. Closed toe shoes like athletic shoes should be worn for field studies and is the recommended shoe for everyday wear. In terms of appropriate appearance, there will be no clothing worn that is gang affiliated; is "see-through"; has shoulder straps less than one inch wide; exposes the midriff, torso, or undergarments; is shorter than where fingertips touch the thigh; is sleep wear (except by teacher permission for a class party); has profanity, vulgarity, nudity, put-downs, insulting messages, or offensive pictures or language; promotes violence; or advertises drugs, alcohol, weapons, or cigarettes. An easy remedy to a too-short or too-revealing outfit is to layer shirts, shorts or skirts on top of bike shorts, leggings, or an under-shirt.
- Trip to Boston, MA 2020 — 5th - 7th grade students are invited on a trip to Boston, MA in 2020! We will experience MIT, FIRST Robotics, hands-on workshops, the sites and much more. There will be a mandatory enrollment meeting on Tuesday, April 23 at 5:15 pm to discuss our itinerary, what is included, and the price. There is limited space on this trip, and spots fill on a first-come, first-served basis. RSVP for the info session with this link rsvp.efexploreamerica.com/jd7xwyw
- Talent Show Reminders -- There was a mandatory talent show meeting today during lunch and several students didn’t attend. Please be prepared for tryouts with your home room class during the week of April 22nd-26th. Performers who aren’t prepared during the audition week will be most likely asked to wait and be prepared for the Talent Show next year. It will be up to each contestant to find a time that works for the teacher for tryouts. If you are using a CD, bring that for the rehearsal or you can borrow the copy that is due to me on Monday, April 22nd. Be aware that if you are singing to a CD it need to be a karaoke version only (background vocals). Keep practicing and let Miss Cheri know if you have any questions.
• Mon Apr 15 - Fri Apr 19 - NO SCHOOL, Spring Break
• Thu, Apr 25 - 3 pm Parent Club meeting
• Mon April 29-Fri May 10 - State testing
• Wed, May 1 - 9:00-9:30 am - Symphony ensemble special assembly
• Fri, May 3 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release -- camping trip
• May 3-5 - Camping trip on the Redwood coast!
• Mon, May 6 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release
• May 7-10 - Teacher appreciation week
• Wed, May 8 - 4:00 pm Board meeting
• Tue, May 14 - MINIMUM DAY, 12:30 release -- teacher collaboration
• Wed, May 15 - Talent Show
• Thu, May 23 - 3 pm Parent Club meeting
• Mon, May 27- NO SCHOOL, Memorial Day
• Wed, June 5 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release
• Thu, June 6 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release
• Thu, June 6 - 6 pm Graduation