Thursday, May 9, 2019
** Next Tuesday is a 12:30 Release Minimum Day for teacher collaboration. **
- Wednesday — 4th grade to Shingletown - Inwoods Demo all5-8th grade Gold panning or Bike the river trail all day
- Friday — Kinder to Kinder College
- Friday — 1st grade to Palo Cedro Park
- Friday — 2nd Grade Marble Party
- Friday — 5th-8th grade Goldpanning or Biking all day
- What a fun week at Chrysalis! The camping trip on the Redwood Coast was amazing with over 180 people in attendance. Thank you to everyone who helped, took time off work, and volunteered their time in the kitchen to make the trip such a success. Heads up… our next camping trip will be Sept 27-29 at Lake Siskiyou!
- AND the kids had an absolute blast at bike to school day. The bike parade to school was amazing and the kids just loved zooming around on their bikes at playtime.
- ** Don’t forget to log your volunteer hours for teacher appreciation week, camping trip, and bike day on Parent Square or on the front desk sign in sheet! It’s easy and is essential for our end of year reporting to the state. **
- The 2019 Chrysalis Talent Show will be begin at 6:30 sharp on Wednesday, May 15th. We hope you all can come out and join us for an amazing evening. Weather permitting it will be held on the back stage. Remember to bring your blankets or chairs to set up on the grass. It is important for children to remain with their parents during the talent show. Parents we appreciate your help with this. Please model respect for your kiddos for all the hard work that goes into preparing for the talent show. Disruptions and/or a non-attentive audience does not encourage the light to shine bright in these sweet kids that have worked so hard to get up on stage and perform. Parent Club will be hosting a snack bar from 5-6pm. They will be selling pizza, nachos, drinks, and several snack items. Please watch for a Parent Square notice to rsvp for the pizza. This will ensure there is enough without having too much leftover. The Talent Show will begin at 6pm sharp. Don’t miss the excitement and the talent!
- There are TWO grand prize Disney packages up for grabs through the raffle that will be drawn at the Talent Show! Each package includes a family 5-pack of one-day Park Hopper tickets to Disneyland or California Adventure in Anaheim, CA. Tickets are $20 each. You can buy your tickets at the front office, by sending in your money with the flyers sent home a few weeks ago, or by credit card through this link https://www.parentsquare.com/fundraisers/306?token=e737f50b13b4c164bd6e8bfd76e9f9a15c56164c
- Finally, each year we review our progress as a school and set a new plan of action for the money we get from the state of California using a document called the LCAP — our "Local Control Action Plan”. We welcome parent and stakeholder input on this document. If you want a quick summary of our goals for last year, take a peek at the Goals Summary document attached here. If you want to read the DRAFT LCAP that is currently in development, please read the 2019 LCAP draft. The Executive Board and Dr. Irene would love to hear from anyone with input, comments, questions, or new ideas for this document.
- Are there any family members out there who love robotics, coding or 3D printing? We are looking for a coach for next year's Vex robotics team and/or someone to run the tech-y side of the Maker Space for lunch or electives. Even if you’re new to robotics, we can connect you with training and a local network of amazing educators to get you up and running along with the kids. Please reach out to Dr. Irene if you are interested or know of someone amazing to recommend.
- Fri, May 10 Kinder College at Simpson
- Fri, May 10 Middle school biking trip
- May 7-10 - Teacher appreciation week
- Tue, May 14 - 4:30 pm Special Board meeting
- Tue, May 14 - MINIMUM DAY, 12:30 release -- teacher collaboration
- Wed, May 15 - Talent Show
- Thu, May 23 - 3pm Parent Club meeting
- Mon, May 27- NO SCHOOL, Memorial Day
- Wed, June 5 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release
- Thu, June 6 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release
- Thu, June 6 - 6 pm Graduation
- Wed Aug 14 - First day of school 2019-2019