Thursday, May 23, 2019
** NO SCHOOL MONDAY! Happy Memorial Day. Our deepest gratitude to the heroes who gave their lives for our amazing country. **
Everyone on campus or walking (we had a bunch of other trips earlier this week like the 4th and 5th graders who went to HedgeCreek Falls on Wednesday).
- Check out the amazing new addition to our playground — an outdoor classroom! This is the first of many changes that you will see on our campus in preparation for the new school year. Teachers will have access to this outdoor whiteboard with the fold-top benches for kids so that they can have class under the blue sky with grass below our toes. And get this… the whiteboard was custom built and installed by the high school students of California Heritage Youth Build Academy! Thank you sooooooo much to the students and staff who spent so much love, time and energy to make this possible for our school.
- What other improvements are in store for the campus you ask? Here’s a list!
- This spring, we are flooding the playground with “caught ya being amazing” tickets that enter students into a raffle with a chance to win some incredible prizes at the last tree assembly of the year. Thanks to all the families who donated wonderful gifts and prizes.
- Also at that last tree assembly, we will be giving citizenship awards to several students who have gone over and above to make the school a better place. We’ll let the parents of these kids know in the next few days so you can be there if you wish to see your student get recognized.
- The week after school, we need your help! With the help (AGAIN!) of California Heritage Youth Build Charter and a grant we received, we will be transforming all the concrete that surrounds the playground into a “Peaceful Playground”. That is, we will be painting over 20 new games and activities on the asphalt for kids to play. Check out what it looks like in action at: https://www.youtube.com/
- For several reasons, we will be dividing the younger and older students at recess and lunch next school year. Don’t worry, there’ll still be tons of opportunity for our school to feel small and for students to know and care for one another across grades. However, this will allow for kids to have access to so many more activities at once. The little kids can finally play basketball without worrying that they will get trampled by the big kids. The big kids will finally have the whole recess to play on the play structure instead of leaving it to the littles.
- We will make the office a celebratory place for kids with birthday treasures and loose tooth celebrations.
- And look for “Magic Mondays” at curbside. It’s a surprise. :)
- Don’t forget, enrollment packets for returning students and siblings are due TOMORROW, Friday, May 24th. Please get yours in so that you don’t lose your spot.
Parent Volunteer Opportunities
- 8th grade families — we need your help to decorate the stage on graduation night and make it look AMAZING!
- 7th grade families — it’s traditional for your class to help clean up after graduation. If you haven’t been to a Chrysalis graduation before, it’s an incredible experience that overflows with the love we have for each individual student. Your 7th graders are such great friends with the 8th graders. You don’t want to miss it (and we need your help).
- Everyone else — please join us for our end of year potluck. Even if your kiddo is not graduating, we want you to part of our community on June 6th.
- Look for a parent square with sign up for the Peaceful Playground painting work week. Even if you can only come for 2 hours, please join us! We need you!
Mon, May 27- NO SCHOOL, Memorial Day
Fri, May 31-End of year party 5-8th grade
Wed, June 5 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release
Thu, June 6 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release
Thu, June 6 - 6 pm Graduation
Wed, June 12 - 4pm board meeting
Wed Aug 14 - First day of school