** We are entering the home stretch! Remember that Wednesday and Thursday are 12:30 release Minimum Days and that Thursday, June 6 is our last day of school. **
Field Study/End of year Celebrations
- Fri, May 31 - 5th-8th to Whiskeytown all day
- Mon, June 3 - 2nd-4th Viking Skate
- Tues, June 4 - K-1st to Kid’s Kingdom Fantasy Fountain
- Tues, June 4 - 4th grade class “Marble” party (8:30-11:35)
- End-of-year assembly — We will be having a really big end-of-year tree assembly on the last day of school, June 6th at 11 am by the gym. We will be giving Leadership, Amazing Growth, and Citizenship Awards; watching the 8th graders read speeches about their kindergarten buddies; and having a caught you being amazing raffle bonanza. Fun stuff!
- Graduation! —Please join us for the Chrysalis graduation program whether you have a graduate or not. The evening begins with a potluck meal on June 6th at 6 pm. The ceremony starts promptly at 7 pm. Here’s a quote from Susan Wilson, a former member of the Shasta County Board of Education, about our graduation: “I just wanted to tell you how impressed I was by your graduation ceremony… The graduation was without doubt the most asset building event I have attended in Redding ... the inclusion of the entire community in dinner... the teachers speaking about each graduating eighth grader with feeling and knowledge about them... the shaking of hands at the end of the ceremony... I could go on. Every time I have anything to do with Chrysalis, I am more impressed. You and your staff are truly wonderful asset builders. Thank you for making education a dance!"
- Volunteer hours —Don’t forget to get those final volunteer hours logged in Parent Square or in the front office. Yes…there will be an opportunity the week after school gets out for a few parent work days —a great opportunity to make sure your family has met their 40 hour goal for the year. We are preparing awards for volunteers who went over and above but can’t give you credit unless you have logged your hours.
- Feedback is our friend — We so appreciate the amazing feedback we received from parents in recent weeks. To continue that momentum, I would like to invite you to a “Year in review” discussion to look at our strengths and challenges as a community during the last Executive Board meeting of the year -- scheduled for 4-6 pm on Wed, June 12. Please join us if are committed to seeing the school grow and thrive for years to come.
- The Wild & Scenic Film Festival comes to Redding, California to kick off the summer season! Join the Whole Earth and Watershed Festival, Shasta Living Streets, Miracle Mile Records, the Redding Parks and Trails Foundation, and KIXE when they host the Wild and Scenic Film Festival On Tour at the California Street Labs 1313 California Street on Saturday June 8th from 7:30pm to 10pm The Redding On Tour - Wild and Scenic Film Festival offers a collection of 12 inspiring films from the annual Wild and Scenic Film Festival held the third week of January in Nevada City, CA which is now in its 17th year! Doors open at 7:30pm with music performed by our very own Sara Hoxie ! The Film Festival will begin at 8:10pm.
- Experience the universal and powerful emotion of fear in Turtle Bay’s newest exhibition, Goose Bumps! The Science of Fear opening this Friday! Goose Bumps! is a hands-on exhibition developed by the California Science Center and examines the physiological, neurobiological and sociological aspects of fear through a variety of engaging interactive activities. Guests will get their hearts pumping and palms sweaty as they face common fears such as the Fear of Animals, the Fear of Electric Shock, the Fear of Loud Noises and the Fear of Falling in a series of fun challenges that illustrate how your body and brain work together to respond to danger!
- Do you know a child who is wanting to start their own business? Or just want to support the future business men and women. Come and support our future entrepreneurs! Come to the Children's Business Fair! Saturday, June 1st Oak Knoll @ Caldwell Park 3 Quartz Hill Road Redding, CA For more information click on the link https://www.childrensbusinessfair.org/608
- Wed, June 5 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release
- Wed, June 5 - NO PROJECT SHARE
- Thu, June 6 - MINIMUM DAY 12:30 release
- Thu, June 6 - 6 pm Graduation
- Wed, June 12 - 4pm board meeting
- Wed Aug 14 - First day of school
- Fri Sept 27-Sun Sept 29 - Fall camping trip to Lake Siskiyou